Related Projects and Documentation
The Helm community has produced many extra tools, plugins, and documentation about Helm. We love to hear about these projects.
- Helm Diff - Preview
helm upgradeas a coloured diff
- helm-gcs - Plugin to manage repositories on Google Cloud Storage
- helm-monitor - Plugin to monitor a release and rollback based on Prometheus/ElasticSearch query
- helm-k8comp - Plugin to create Helm Charts from hiera using k8comp
- helm-unittest - Plugin for unit testing chart locally with YAML
- hc-unit - Plugin for unit testing charts locally using OPA (Open Policy Agent) & Rego
- helm-s3 - Helm plugin that allows to use AWS S3 as a [private] chart repository
- helm-schema-gen - Helm Plugin that generates values yaml schema for your Helm 3 charts
- helm-secrets - Plugin to manage and store secrets safely (based on sops)
- helm-git - Install charts and retrieve values files from your Git repositories
- helm-tanka - A Helm plugin for rendering Tanka/Jsonnet inside Helm charts.
We also encourage GitHub authors to use the helm-plugin tag on their plugin repositories.
Tools layered on top of Helm.
- Konveyor Move2Kube - Generate Helm charts for your existing projects.
- Chartify - Generate Helm charts from existing Kubernetes resources.
- VIM-Kubernetes - VIM plugin for Kubernetes and Helm
- Landscaper - "Landscaper takes a set of Helm Chart references with values (a desired state), and realizes this in a Kubernetes cluster."
- Helmfile - Helmfile is a declarative spec for deploying helm charts
- Helmsman - Helmsman is a helm-charts-as-code tool which enables installing/upgrading/protecting/moving/deleting releases from version controlled desired state files (described in a simple TOML format)
- Terraform Helm Provider - The Helm provider for HashiCorp Terraform enables lifecycle management of Helm Charts with a declarative infrastructure-as-code syntax. The Helm provider is often paired the other Terraform providers, like the Kubernetes provider, to create a common workflow across all infrastructure services.
- Monocular - Web UI for Helm Chart repositories
- Armada - Manage prefixed releases throughout various Kubernetes namespaces, and removes completed jobs for complex deployments
- ChartMuseum - Helm Chart Repository with support for Amazon S3 and Google Cloud Storage
- Codefresh - Kubernetes native CI/CD and management platform with UI dashboards for managing Helm charts and releases
- Captain - A Helm3 Controller using HelmRequest and Release CRD
- chart-registry - Helm Charts Hosts on OCI Registry
- avionix - Python interface for generating Helm charts and Kubernetes yaml, allowing for inheritance and less duplication of code
- Tanka - Grafana Tanka configures Kubernetes resources through Jsonnet with the ability to consume Helm Charts
Platforms, distributions, and services that include Helm support.
- Kubernetic - Kubernetes Desktop Client
- Jenkins X - open source automated CI/CD for Kubernetes which uses Helm for promoting applications through environments via GitOps
Grab bag of useful things for Chart authors and Helm users.